Saturday, October 30, 2010

Paradise at the British Virgin Islands

Dear Jen and Tom,

I just wanted to stop by and drop a line about how wonderful our honeymoon we booked with AskAboutTravel to the British Virgin Islands was.

I'm a 25 year old artist living in New York. Recently I was married to my fiancee of 3 years, a 29 year old TV executive whom I met at charity event for ocean wildlife. Both of us have a deep passion for the exotic wonders of the ocean, but living and working in the Big Apple seriously restricts our access to the things which we treasure.

After we became engaged, we both agreed that our honeymoon would be best spent in a place where we could enjoy the things which first brought us together; the ocean. Since New York is just a hop skip and a jump away from the Bahamas, we wanted a place that was a little more lush and not as common as Nassau. Meanwhile, we also didn't want to lose an entire day of our honeymoon traveling across the country to Hawaii. At this stage in our lives, our careers just wont warrant that kind of time off.

After looking for what seemed like days through all sorts of “do it yourself” trip planners, my wife suggested that we leave the stressful planning to the professionals. We inquired with one of your incredibly helpful staff professionals who after hearing our situation persuaded us to stay within the Caribbean, but just to go a little bit further. We ended up locking down a reservation on the luscious island of St. Thomas, where we lived like royalty amongst some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

We booked 5 nights at the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, where the staff and resort accommodations made sure that this honeymoon was an unforgettable experience. Our room had its' own private balcony that looked out over a white sandy beach, backdropped with extravagantly green hillsides; both of which were encompassed by some of the purest water I've ever seen in my entire life.

When we first arrived to the resort, our room had a tray chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne on ice already waiting for us. We spent the remainder of the first day just lounging around the room, enjoying the amenities of our hotel. The hotel's private beaches and restaurant selection really took me aback. Living in New York City, we're often exposed to fine dining; but the resort's prepared cuisine would make even the ruling elite of Manhattan's kitchens cringing with envy.

We spent the next couple days relaxing and taking in some of the islands best activities. Both of us booked a SCUBA trip which was unbelievably beautiful. The wildlife along with the reefs we saw were so colorful and pristine. The water itself was also crystal clear; the best visibility either of us have experienced in our ten years of scuba diving. It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

The rest of our great stay in the British Virgin Islands was elegant and tranquil. Everyday we slept in, and had a wonderful brunch later in the morning. One day I took my wife golfing since she has been begging me to teach her. The course and greens were magnificently kept which she didn't appreciate nearly as much as I did. However, she did appreciate the beautiful scenery surrounding the course, so it was a win win for everyone.

Other days we decided to go into town and check out some shopping. Obviously this was more of my wife's idea, but to my surprise I actually enjoyed some of the shops and sights we came across. They had a great selection of apparel and other items for men that I wasn't expecting.

We also spent several days just lounging around the luxurious and ornate resort. They offered the best couples massage packages, something you must recommend to anyone else you send to that little snippet of heaven.

All in all, it was one of the best trips I have ever taken. The flights were flawless and the island offered a little bit of everything. Thanks again for all your help. Next time I'm headed out on a vacation I'll be sure that AskAboutTravel sets me up with another slice of paradise.

Sincerely,

Tom Bauster

0 comments:

Post a Comment